Who We Are
The Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology (CPSBB) is a leading Bulgarian institute performing fundamental and applied research in plant science areas such as molecular plant physiology, plant cell biotechnology, genetics and genomics, plant metabolomics, bioinformatics, and vegetable breeding. CPSBB is located in Plovdiv, an academic and economical center of Southern Bulgaria, one of the most ancient cities in Europe and the European Culture Capital for 2019. CPSBB cooperates with more than 130 organizations across the world, including universities, research institutes, and companies. Two CPSBB departments, Molecular Stress Physiology and Vegetable Breeding, participate in HealthyDiets4Africa.
For more information visit: CPSBB
What We Do in the Project
In the HealthyDiets4Africa, CPSBB participates in Work Package 4. The expected outcomes of CPSBB’s activities are:
- New crops introduced to the consortium (eggplants, lettuce, pepper, raspberry, tomato).
- New cultivars of pepper and tomato with increased nutritional properties.
- New cultivars of vegetable crops with enhanced tolerance to drought.
- Molecular priming technology that enhances crop yield and mitigates stress.
- New technology to increase durability and extend shelf life of fruits and vegetables.